Our Commitment to Privacy
Ivy Consulting Group will never sell your information to someone else for advertising or any other purpose. This policy tells you what information we collect from you, what we do with it, who can access it, and what you can do about it.
Reference in this policy to “we,” “us,” or “our,” means ICG. Where we refer to “you” or “your” in this policy, we mean the individual user that browses, accesses, and uses our sites.
We only collect the information we actually need. Personal information is any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address, mailing address, or other data that can be reasonably linked to this information, such as the information you provide when you register for an account, an event, complete surveys, or buy something from us. With the exception of our payment gateways, we store most of this information on our web servers to make it easy to provide our users with the greatest user experience.
Non-Personal Information is information recorded about a user that does not reference an individual user.
Anyone who accesses our website(s).
Information We Collect
We collect information when you visit, browse, and access our Sites. You may browse our Sites with or without registering for or signing into a user account. The information we collect, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our Sites, the services you choose to engage in, and the information you provide us.
Browsing Our Website
When you visit our Sites, we collect the following information which helps us to enhance and optimize the user experience.
- Internet protocol (IP) address.
- Application, internet browser, and device type used to access the sites; Location data and web information from cookies.
User Account and Profile
When you create a user account on our site to become an ICG member or otherwise use our services (hereinafter, each such user), we will collect the following information from you, which is required to establish a user account and profile with ICG:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Type of account requested
- Country of residence and education
Applying for Consultant Membership
When applying for a Consultant Membership (which includes a Certified Consultant, Associate, or Student Membership), ICG may collect the following information to evaluate membership eligibility, in addition to the above information.
- university affiliations
- employer name
- university institution name and location for the university you attend or attended
- university degree type
- university major field of study
- graduation or expected graduation date
- verification of degree earned
- employer types
- student email (for Student Members)
- the year started in the field
- areas of expertise
- social media accounts used to advertise your services
- professional licenses and certifications
- profile image
ICG will retain user account information that is necessary to conduct day-to-day association business for the purposes of administering your account, including:
- User email history of sent items including marketing solicitations
- User sales history, dues, workshops, event purchases and registrations, merchandise purchases, and donations.
- Membership type
- Educational progress
- User-created online course history
- Member comments and reviews
- Conference submission materials and participation
Optional User Services
ICG users have the option to opt in for the following services, which a user may opt out of at any time:
- Company promotional materials and newsletters.
- Having your name included in any one or all of the following:
- media resource service
- consultant map or locator
- consultant resume listing
- member profile page
How We Use Information
Personal and Non-Personal Information helps us make certain our website and services are working as intended and we are delivering an exceptional user experience.
We use the Personal Information you provide to us to respond to inquiries submitted by phone, email, text, online chat, and through our Support Ticket System. We use your Personal Information, including payment card information when you register for membership or make other purchases/donations, for purposes of completing the payment transaction.
In rare cases, ICG may provide aggregate data to trusted third parties in an effort to analyze our delivery of member services. A trusted third party refers to reputable vendors who have provided sufficient guarantees with respect to the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out.
We utilize cookies each time you access our Sites. Cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable us to recognize you when you return to our website. Depending upon your Internet browser type, you may have the option to block cookies, including those used on our Sites. Blocking or rejecting cookies from our Sites will prevent you from engaging in certain functions and services offered on our Sites.
How We Share Information
- Unless specifically requested and approved, all Certified Consultants on the site will be listed in the public directory and can be found by anyone who has access to the internet. This public search makes it possible for potential customers to locate, and possibly hire, a certified I-O professional without having to create an account.
- For Students, Associates, Employers, and Vendors on the site, contact information is only available to members within a members-only section of the Site. All member names are listed in the directory, but each member has the option to choose if their address, email, or phone numbers are viewable in the directory.
- To protect against potential fraud, we will verify information collected from the Sites with our trusted third-party business partners. During such verification process, we will receive Personal Information about you from such third-party business partners. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services from us, we will utilize payment card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your payment card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and to verify that the payment card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
- Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, we also share your name, email address, and status as a member or non-member (if your membership has lapsed) with our third-party email and client management providers.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You hereby acknowledge and agree that any information that you provide and transfer to ICG is being done at your own risk. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. In the event of a data breach, ICG will, in accordance with applicable law, notify the relevant authorities of such incidents.
If all or part of our assets is sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personal and Non-Personal Information collected via the Sites.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU Data Rights
On May 25, 2018, the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection
Regulation (“GDPR”) goes into effect. In accordance with the GDPR, identifiable natural persons (“data subjects”) located within the EU must be provided with the following information:
Purposes of Processing:
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data:
Personal data are received by our payment card service provider for the sole purpose of processing payment transactions on our Sites. Personal data is also received by our trusted third-party business partners, who provide us with data and platform hosting services, by contract.
Personal Data Storage Criteria
Personal data are stored by us until such time as you contact us in writing to request that your personal data be deleted.
EU data subjects have the following data rights:
- Right to access to the personal data we have for such data subject;
- Right to rectification of incorrect personal data;
- Right to erasure of the personal data, we have for such data subject;
- Right to restriction of processing concerning such data subject;
- Right to object to our processing of such personal data;
- Right to data portability, that is, a copy of the data we have on such data subject;
- Right to withdraw consent at any time to our processing of such data subject’s personal data; and
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You may exercise your data rights by contacting us, in writing, at the address indicated above.
Personal Data Requirement
Last Update: June 25, 2022.